Monday, April 5, 2010

Homeschool Freebies Galore!

In case you don't know about the Homeschool Freebie of the Day website, let me introduce you.  This wonderul website posts a new homeschool resource every day, free for you to download and use.  In the past, I've downloaded audiobook files, PDF ebooks, games, household management ebooks, and the like.  What's more, I've actually used them in our lessons and our home!  (You know how it is: sometimes we homeschoolers hoard so much stuff that we can hardly make use of it all.)

I signed up for their email list.  At the beginning of each week, I receive a "heads up" email that lists each day's freebie for that week.  After I review the offerings, I make note of those that are of interest to me and on what day to download them.  For example, this week I am very interested in The First Book of Plants, by Alice Dickinson, and Planned Spontaneity, both PDF ebooks.  There are also two beginning birdwatching books, which look wonderful, but we are experienced birdwatchers, so I may pass.  Then again, I may download them anyway just to have a look at them!

Even if you're not a homeschooler, the books are wonderful reading, and the audiobook selections make great entertainment for travel.  A few months ago, I downloaded a drawing tutorial that I'm going to print out for the girls when we hit the road for our three-day junket to Maine in June.

Just a little tidbit I thought I'd pass along!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments! And I appreciate the time you take to leave them. Thanks!