Friday, July 13, 2012

Weekly Happenings: Bliss!

Our second week in Maine and our first week of relaxation. A few days ago, I blogged about the gift of sabbath and our reluctance to accept it; but this week I've opened my arms wide with acceptance. So what have we been doing?

Reading, resting, swimming, a bit of boating, more reading, crafting. The girls have been enjoying a paper fashions kit we bought at A.C. Moore (which is just like Michaels). They've created quite a wardrobe.




Our next-door neighbors, who live in Germany over the fall and winter, have visitors from Germany for two weeks. These sweet teenagers, whom my girls love, brought us gifts, one of which was a lovely box of chocolates, packaged so perfectly.




One morning the lake was as smooth as glass.




When I write, I take my computer outside to the deck. Here's my outdoor office:




Here's my snowball bush, which was moved two summers ago for our construction project. I think it likes its new location.



And really, that's all. We started reading Oliver Twist after a break of several weeks, to Tiny Girl's delight. We read a chapter each evening. Here's an exchange that happened last night:

Tiny Girl: Are we reading Oliver tonight?
Me: Yep.
Tiny: Oh good! I am so worried about him!

Aren't books wonderful?

3 comments:

  1. I love it! your dialogue, and all you are doing and showing.

    I am happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love that comment - worried about Oliver. My husband has discovered War and Peace and simply cannot put it down! Books really are magical.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet comment from your child! I was worried for him too when my grade 6 teacher read it aloud. Thank you for linking up with us at NOBH.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments! And I appreciate the time you take to leave them. Thanks!