Monday, July 9, 2012

Confessions of a Mediocre Cook: Lobster Rolls

Did you see my photo of our supper Saturday night? Here it is again:



I thought you might like the recipe, just in case you get your hands on some lobster. My recipe doesn't have exact measurements; just mix it up to your liking.

Lobster Rolls
chopped up lobster
your favorite mayo (in Maine, I use Cain's)

Mix together.

That's the basic recipe. On Saturday, I added finely chopped celery and seasoned salt. Another superb addition is lemon thyme, if you have any on hand. I didn't. If using lemon thyme, leave out or be extra careful with the seasoned salt.

Serve the mixture on buttered, toasted hot dog buns. In Maine, I get the top-split variety. J.J. Nissen, to be exact. I can't find top-split buns in the South.

I also made a simple coleslaw. Himself thought it too simple (he still ate two helpings), but the girls and I enjoyed it.

Simple Coleslaw
1/2 head chopped green cabbage
2 teaspoons sugar
2 teaspoons cider vinegar
1/2 cup mayonnaise (I didn't measure this, I just mixed it in with the sugar and vinegar)
salt and pepper to taste

Whisk together sugar, vinegar, and mayo. Pour over cabbage and stir. At first, it'll look to dry, but keep stirring. It's the perfect amount of dressing. Salt and pepper to taste.

These lobster rolls, coleslaw, and potato chips are heaven on a plate, my friends!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing, it looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That's all I can say. I can't wait for summer to try this.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments! And I appreciate the time you take to leave them. Thanks!