Friday, January 1, 2010

Heavenly Yeast Rolls

I found this bread machine recipe on Recipezaar.com and thought I'd share. I changed the name, though, because I like my name for them best! They are completely easy and scrumptious. The reviewers on the website talked about successfully using some whole wheat flour and also making entirely by hand, if one doesn't own a bread machine. Another reviewer suggested serving with honey butter. I'm sure that's delicious, and to each her own, but to me, that comes a trifle too close to gilding the lily. Why mess with perfection? And that's about what these rolls are.

Bread Machine Heavenly Yeast Rolls

1 cup warm milk (70 to 80 degrees, if you want to be picky about it)
1/2 cup (1 stick) softened butter
1/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
4 cups bread flour
2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast

Put all ingredients in bread machine pan according to manufacturer's instructions. Select dough cycle. When cycle is complete, turn out onto lightly floured surface and divide into 24 portions. Shape dough portions into balls and place in a greased 9x13 baking dish. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 1 to 3 hours, or until doubled in volume. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-16 minutes or until golden brown.

These warm up very well for breakfast the next day, on the off-chance you have any left over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments! And I appreciate the time you take to leave them. Thanks!