Sunday, December 13, 2009

Our Week in Review, Sort Of

When I sat down to write a wrap-up of this past week, I realized that we had really just continued everything we'd been working on the previous week. Just different pages. And nothing terribly fabulous or exciting had occurred either. This is not the sort of exciting stuff with which a wrap-up to make. So I skipped it. I guess some weeks are just like that.

In other news, both girls were invited to a sleepover birthday party in our neighborhood on Friday night, so Dh and I enjoyed a rare date night. It was lovely. We went out to eat at a non-kid-friendly restaurant, and then I beat him at Scrabble in front of a roaring fire. (Only by six points, but still.) What more could a girl ask?

My parents visited the next day and spent Saturday night with us. On Sunday, we went out to lunch at our favorite barbecue place to celebrate my Dad's birthday. A live band entertained us with a varied program, including bluegrass, Simon & Garfunkel, Gordon Lightfoot, the Beatles, John Denver, etc. We all enjoyed it, but my Dad particularly enjoyed it, which was wonderful. I have been especially blessed in my parents, and it was a joy to celebrate my Daddy.

All in all, it was a great weekend. I'm feeling quite warm and fuzzy at the moment, and I intend to enjoy every second. A few challenges await me in the coming days, so I'll relish all the warm and fuzzy I can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments! And I appreciate the time you take to leave them. Thanks!