Friday, May 30, 2014

Summer Travels: Washington, DC


Our Girl Scout troop of five Cadettes, one leader, and one co-leader (that's me) are hitting the road  in my old Mazda MPV van this morning for a trip to our nation's capital. Two days are slated for traveling and four days for visiting. On the itinerary:


  • Smithsonian Natural History Museum
  • White House Tour
  • National Gallery of Art
  • Old Town Alexandria
  • Arlington National Cemetery (some of the girls are participating in the wreath laying ceremony)
  • U.S. Capitol Tour
  • National Archives Tour
  • Crime Museum
  • The Washington Mall and its memorials
  • Mt. Vernon


It's going to be fantastic! The only time I've ever been to Washington, DC was on the fifth grade trip many years ago. So I'm really looking forward to it.

And let's not forget the 11+-hour car trip with five young teen girls. Can you say awesome? Wonder how many stops we'll make. . . .

I'll post about our adventures as soon as I can! And I'll also be posting about my family's trip to Miami and Key West in mid-May. Look for both of those soon!


 photo signature_zpsbb142848.png

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Hellen! You know what?!
    It is my favorite part too;)
    Have a nice weekend!
    Love & hugs
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I think I need to lie down and put my feet up just reading that! Have fun. I was in Washington DC about 20 years ago, and remember thinking how unusual it is for an American city. The street layout for one thing is rather extraordinary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ellen - What memories and what a great mom/girl scout leader you are! Like you, I went to Washington DC in middle school. But then I got to go again in high school and see Mt Vernon and more. I still remember it all. That's why I am so thrilled for your trip - and part of my family gets to be there this weekend. And I LOVE your new look here at the blog!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments! And I appreciate the time you take to leave them. Thanks!