Thursday, December 20, 2012

Confessions of a Mediocre Cook: Christmas Tidbits

Today was the second day of our Christmas break, in which we're not taking a complete break because we have some books to finish up. Be that as it may, I spent a few hours in the kitchen whipping up some goodies for the season. Here's how my kitchen looks:




I figure I'll clean it up later. Like tomorrow, after I finish everything.

Today, I made saltine toffee. Here it is cooling.



I also made two kinds of cookies.

Dark chocolate mint cookies:



And ginger crinkles, which my mother and sisters and I made when I was a child:



I prefer chewy, soft cookies to crunchy ones, and both these are perfect!

I also sipped some of this:


I love salted caramel (in fact, I'm making some tomorrow), and this chai is simply luscious.

So what's cooking at your house?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments! And I appreciate the time you take to leave them. Thanks!