- Miss Priss spent the first few days of the week at my sister's house, helping my mother take care of my niece, who was sick.
- Two days of helping out with pony camp for Tiny Girl.
- Another home swim meet with the mayhem of concessions -- but it's the last this season.
- A birthday party sleepover.
- A day at our city's biggest theme park.
- And planning for our upcoming junket to Maine.
That and a few afternoons at the pool, swim team practice, playdates, and iced coffee, and what more does one need?
Well, if you're me, you need some chocolate:
This is highly addictive dark chocolate filled with caramel and sprinkled with sea salt. I highly recommend it.
You also need a good book:
I highly recommend this book as well. I got it at the library and then bought my own copy on Amazon Used.
Some nostalgia is good for the soul. While the children rode the carousel in the pavilion, my friend, Eliza, and I rocked in wooden rocking chairs and talked:
It was a restful and cooling break on a hot, exciting day.
Although I declined a trip down Thunder River, the tweens had a blast:
This looks cooling as well!
At the end of the day, the caped crusaders were sweaty, footsore, damp, a tad soiled, and mighty happy.
We did absolutely no schoolwork this week, and we didn't get a whole lot of sleep, either, but it was still wonderful!
I'm linking up with Collage Friday@Homegrown Learners, The Homeschool Mother's Journal, and Weekly Wrap-Ups@Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers. Come join in the fun!