Thursday, January 26, 2012

Confessions of a Mediocre Cook: Quick and Easy Sandwich Buns

On Tuesday, I remembered that I had a container of pulled chicken in the fridge that needed to be used, so I decided to make some chicken barbecue sandwiches. I didn't have any buns, though, so I hit the internet in search of a recipe. Plus, it had to be easy and quick -- look who's in the kitchen, after all.

Shazam! Alisa's recipe from Alisa Cooks is a real winner. I followed the recipe as it's written, except I kneaded the dough with the dough hook in my Red Steel Beauty, and I let the buns rise a bit longer than ten minutes.

Aren't they gorgeous?

Everyone in the family loved them, except for Himself, who abstained. He's not a bread junkie. (Weirdo.)


My delectable chicken barbecue sandwich.

The next morning, Tiny Girl asked for a bun made like cinnamon toast. Miss Priss just ate hers plain.

Cinnamon toasted bun for Tiny Girl.

Today, I had another chicken barbecue sandwich with the last of the buns. Friends, this recipe is a keeper: frugal, fast, and fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments! And I appreciate the time you take to leave them. Thanks!