Monday, January 31, 2011

My Latest FREE Kindle Downloads

I recently discovered, via the KindleKorner Yahoo group, a nifty blog called Books on the Knob, which features free and discounted books for e-readers. Through that website and messing about on Amazon.com, I have downloaded several free books:

For the girls:
  • The Racketty-Packetty House, by Frances Hodgson Burnett
  • Flower Fables, by Louisa May Alcott, written when she was 16 years old
  • Beautiful Stories from Shakespeare, by Edith Nesbit

For me:
  • Circle of Friends Chocolate Chip Cookie Cookbook, from Gooseberry Patch
  • The Mill on the Floss, by George Eliot
  • Cranford, by Elizabeth Cleghorn Gaskell
  • The Phantom of the Opera, by Gaston Leroux
  • Madame Bovary, by Gustave Flaubert
  • Goodness Gracious Green, by Judy Christie
  • The Apothecary's Daughter, by Julie Klassen
Lovin' my Kindle!

4 comments:

  1. Fun! I have a Kindle app on my computer, and I, too, have loads and loads of free e-books. My favorites to read with the girls are the fairy tale collections.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Racketty Packetty House!! Brings back memories for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tricia, that's good to know! I'm lookig forward to us reading it.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments! And I appreciate the time you take to leave them. Thanks!