Friday, July 16, 2010

Weekly Wrap-Up: Quiet Pursuits

But isn't that the beauty of summertime, I ask you?

I almost didn't post a Weekly Wrap-Up this week because this past week was much like last week.  Lots of reading and relaxation.  Unlike many of you, I have not begun to think about school yet (much).  I already have some plans done, which I completed in June before we left home, but there is a bit more to do.  However, I'm not planning for us to start until mid August, so there is still "plenty of time."  Famous last words, eh?

Himself arrives this evening after a 10-day absence.  We are all looking forward to seeing him!

The boat is back from the shop and all better (fingers crossed).  We'll be doing a lot of boating this weekend.  Tiny Girl is anxious to try skiing again.  When Himself is with us, life is less quiet and full of excitement.

I've done a bit of gardening.  I divided my daylilies and transplanted a few.  We'll see what happens with those.  Some herb plants I ordered arrived yesterday, and I planted them in my herb garden.  Now I have lemon balm, lemon thyme, mint, lavender, common sage, pineapple sage, basil, and oregano.

Right now, I am reading and loving Northanger Abbey, by Jane Austen.  I hadn't read it before (thanks to my darling friend, Val, for loaning it to me for my trip north!), and it is a real treat.  More later, when I write a proper review.

We've also been listening to Focus on the Family's Radio Theatre productions of C. S. Lewis's Chronicles of Narnia.  They are excellent.  We've listened to The Magician's NephewThe Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe; The Horse and His Boy; and, now, Prince Caspian.  I highly recommend this CD series.

Here's to summer!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you're enjoying Narnia on CD. The boys are obsessed with it, and we listen to it virtually every time we get in the car. The only drawback is that several scenes make me cry, and I don't know how safe that is when I'm driving.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments! And I appreciate the time you take to leave them. Thanks!