Thursday, January 8, 2015

Baked Sweet and Sour Chicken: A Pinterest Success!


I love Pinterest. I pin things all the time, and sometimes I actually try them. I have several recipe boards: Tasty Eats and Sips, I Get to Lick the Beaters!, Small Plates, Why, Yes, I WILL Have Another Glass, and Freezer and Crock Pot Meals. A new suppertime favorite came from Tasty Eats and Sips. I've made it twice and everyone here LOVED it (which is actually a minor miracle).

Baked Sweet and Sour Chicken from The Recipe Critic! Here's the link to the recipe.


You should know ahead of time that this recipe is not fast, but it is easy. Also, it's divine! The cornstarch makes a perfect coating, and the sauce is absolutely wonderful. I had all the ingredients on hand, too.

Here are my tips and amendments so you'll know what I did differently:

  • I used a whole bag of Tyson frozen chicken breasts. There were eight of them, but they are on the smaller size, as opposed to fresh breasts.
  • I didn't bother to measure the cornstarch. I just dumped some into a pie plate and added when necessary.
  • The first time I made this, I only needed two eggs. The second time, I needed all three called for. I depends on how many breasts you're using.
  • Your fingers are going to get really goopy. You may want to consider putting the cornstarch in a paper bag and shaking the pieces to coat them. I just rinsed my fingers periodically in warm water, but I'm going to try the bag method next time.
  • I needed more than the 1/4 cup canola oil. I simply added when necessary.
  • I used garlic powder instead of garlic salt in the sauce. We watch our sodium intake around here.
  • I served atop Success Boil in Bag jasmine rice and steamed broccoli for a one-dish meal.

If you decide to print the recipe, copy and paste it into Word, and then copy and paste my tips as well. That way, everything will be together.

My entire family gives this recipe five stars. It's would be delicious any time of the year, but Tiny Girl and I ate ours in front of the fire last night. Then we played a fun game of Scrabble, in which I earned a lifetime personal best (so far) of 63 points on one turn!

Enjoy!


 photo signature_zpsbb142848.png

Sharing at:
Treasure Hunt Thursday

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments! And I appreciate the time you take to leave them. Thanks!