Saturday, March 3, 2012

Leavin' on a Jet Plane!

What a week! Miss Priss began crunch for her drama troupe's upcoming production of Wonderland!; I've been hard at work on an article I'm writing for a magazine (more on this later); we've spent time at the barn with Max; Himself was out of town; lessons limped along; and I was getting ready for a trip out of the country!

Tonight, I fly out to the UK with an eight-hour layover in Amsterdam. I'll meet up with my friend, Tanya, in Newcastle (as in upon Tyne) Monday evening. On Tuesday and Wednesday, Tanya and I will visit Edinburgh. It's supposed to rain, of course.

I've already bought a ticket (don't you LOVE the internet?!) to the Anne Frank House in Amsterdam. This way, I can skip the typically hour-long wait entrance line. According to the directions, I'm to go to the side door to the left of the main entrance and ring the bell. It seems a tad smoke-and-mirrors, but at least there's no secret knock. I'm hoping I'll have time for a canal tour, as well, or at least some of their famous pancakes. I'd also hoped to visit the Van Gogh museum, but I don't think my window is wide enough for that. I've heard it's wonderful, but I chose Anne Frank as my first priority. I can see (and have seen) Van Gogh paintings elsewhere; but the Anne Frank House is only in Amsterdam.

My fabulous and wonderful mother is coming to stay with the family while I'm gone. She'll keep things running smoothly. Dad will join her here later, and it'll be a party then. The girls are excited; my folks are excited; Himself is excited not to be the only one in charge of everything; and I'm excited. So it's a win-win situation all around!

It's past noon, and I've yet to pack. I should get on that, huh? I'm going to try to write a post or two to publish while I'm gone. See? You're always on my mind.

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow! How exciting for you! Be sure and tell us all about it when you get back :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are having a fab time just now. My daughter loves Newcastle because she loves the Georgie accent (which she calls "Newcastlian"). And I particularly hope you will have a perfectly wonderful time in Edinburgh. The sun is shining brightly in Aberdeen today, so who knows you may see some sun further south as well!

    I'm looking forward to hearing all about it.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments! And I appreciate the time you take to leave them. Thanks!