Monday, March 21, 2011

A Glimpse of Spring

When my friend, Blossom, from North Laurel Home & School, commented on my green grass in a photo for a Weekly Wrap-Up, I thought I'd post a few photos of spring in my neck of the woods.

Daffodils are Blossom's favorites, and a favorite of mine as well.


I love this periwinkle-colored phlox at the foot of my driveway. Notice all the buds? They have now burst into bloom.

Just a few weeks ago, I severely pruned my six red Knock-Out rosebushes, and they put out new growth almost immediately. Another rosebush of mine, a yellow one, already has buds on it.


Some trees' new leaves start out red, which looks sensational mixed in with the white flowers of ornamental pear trees, the pink of ornamental cherry trees, and the bright lavender of redbuds.


This is one of two ornamental cherries that grace the parking area of our neighborhood pool and tennis courts. Not only do I love their flowers, which are actually pinker up close, but I also love their shape.

Another spring favorite of mine is forsythia. But I don't have any, nor are any close enough to my house to photograph. So I have to content myself with catching sight of them while I drive around town.

About to enter the spring scene big-time are the dogwoods, which are beginning to bloom, and the azaleas. I have two large white azalea bushes in my back yard, and one has just started blooming. Blossom (and everyone), I'll post photos of that when it's in its full glory.

I hope you are seeing signs of spring where you live!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! I'm happy you have so much spring there! We have had two days of nice weather here but still not much in the way of green... and definitely no daffodils! Although I have spied a little bit of green something-or-other in front of my house...just not sure if it's a weed or a plant coming up :) Will wait and see :)
    Thanks for the beautiful spring photos! They've brightened my day...perhaps you can tell by all the '!' :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many signs of spring around here! I love your daffodils, and I keep saying I'm going to plant some. Maybe by next spring!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments! And I appreciate the time you take to leave them. Thanks!