Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Education Resource: LearnOutLoud.com

As you know, I love to read. I love holding books (or my Kindle!), lingering over particularly eloquent, meaningful, or humorous passages, and thumbing back to read favorite parts. But I also enjoy audiobooks, and so does the rest of the family. Perfect for passing the time on car rides or while doing chores at home, audiobooks can be a mama's good friend, whether a home educator or not.

Thanks to my friend, Blossom, who pointed me to a wonderful resource, LearnOutLoud. Claiming to be "the Net's largest Catalog of educational audio books, podcasts, downloads, & free audio & video [with] over 25,000 titles from hundreds of authors and publishers," LearnOutLoud is impressive. I was especially enamored with their FREE audio downloads, but LearnOutLoud also offers other features, e.g., you can listen to a sample before you buy. LearnOutLoud's catalog highlights titles from many publishers, one of which is LibriVox, a familiar resource to many of us.

The website boasts an extensive Kids section, which you can browse by age range or topic. You can also click the Free Stuff tab (as I immediately did) to discover the treasure trove there. Many a title on homeschooling lists is awaiting you.

I visited the site and downloaded February's freebie, a dramatization of Oscar Wilde's The Importance of Being Earnest. I can't wait to listen to it!

I also can't wait until I can sit down with a cup of tea to peruse LearnOutLoud's catalog at my leisure. I know I'll be downloading lots more.

1 comment:

  1. It is a great resource :) I have been receiving their daily downloads for quite awhile. I've downloaded countless audios and I enjoy the videos that they have for free sometimes also.
    Thanks for the link to my blog also :D

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments! And I appreciate the time you take to leave them. Thanks!