Tuesday, March 25, 2014

New Dining Room Chandelier Reveal!


After weeks of waiting and miraculously not nagging on my part, Himself graciously hung the new dining room chandelier this two weekends ago. Hooray! The contemporary monstrosity is gone!

Here she is. The rest of the room is not ready to reveal, so you only get a peek.


You may wonder where I got my inspiration. And if you knew me in person, you'd definitely ask. I have no innate sense of style. And I would answer: Debra at Common Ground, a blog I follow. I saw her dining room chandelier in her Christmas home tour and was knocked out by how fabulous it is. So I sent her an email, to which she kindly replied. She gave me the name of the store where they bought the chandy 11 years ago. I perused the store's website, got the names of some of the manufacturers they carry, and quickly realized that Quorum International looked promising. I popped over to the Quorum website, and in a matter of moments -- I kid you not -- I found MY chandelier.

It's 6037-6-70 in Persian White. Just look at that detail!


Himself, who is not in on the chippy, painty, lived-in look (which I adore), was skeptical. "Is it supposed to look like this?" he asked. Like what? "All dinged up like this," said he. Yes, it is. I love it. He merely grunted.

But because of his great love for me, he hung it up wonderfully and kept his thoughts mostly to himself.


Not a fantastic photo, I know. I'm still learning the ins and outs of my new camera. I've already gotten numerous compliments. And she looks gorgeous from the street after dark.

Another project completed in the new house!


 photo signature_zpsbb142848.png

Linking up with:
Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style
What We Accomplished at Green Willow Pond
Home and Garden Thursday at A Delightsome Life
Inspire Me Tuesday at A Stroll thru Life
Be Inspired at Common Ground
Inspiration Gallery at The Golden Sycamore
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage



5 comments:

  1. This chandy is amazing! I applaud your taste! My hubby sounds a lot like yours and just goes along with my many projects :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful chandelier. I love it. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving the nice comment regarding toile. I'm following you via GFC. ~ Nancy P.S. You should disable word verification. You'll get more comments and blogger does a good job of catching spam, so you don't really need it. Just a suggestion. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your chandelier! Thanks for stopping by my blog and following. I'm following you too! Looking forward to seeing more. I am a Southern girl married to a Yankee too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your chandelier! Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment…so glad you did now I have a new blog to follow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ellen, this is a beautiful chandelier - gorgeous dining room! I am delighted that you shared with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments! And I appreciate the time you take to leave them. Thanks!