Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Window Frame Art with an Equestrian Flair


See her two stuffed animal pups peeking out?

My daughter is an equestrian. She's ridden since she was five years old and has competed at the local level for quite a few years now. At Christmas, both girls get a calendar for the new year, and Tiny Girl's has always been horse related. She's collected quite a few by now. So I bought a window frame for a few dollars several months ago, and she selected and cut out some favorite calendar photos and paintings to make a piece of art for her bedroom.

 First, we cleaned the window frame and glass. Then we adhered the pictures to the back of the glass using Scotch Photo Mount adhesive spray. I tested a cutout we didn't plan to use to make certain the adhesive would not smear the ink. Success!

Himself is going to add hooks to the top of the frame so we can safely hang it on the wall. For now, it's propped against her chest of drawers.


For a few dollars and a few minutes, we have individually designed artwork!

Have you tried the whole window frame art idea?


 photo signature_zpsbb142848.png
Linking up with:
A Delightsome Life
Share Your Style
The Dedicated House
Make it Pretty Monday
A Return to Loveliness
The Scoop
Wow Us Wednesdays

1 comment:

  1. You are right beside me at the Dedicated House party, so I thought I'd pop in for a visit! I adore this idea. I have thought of using an old window to hold a collection of photos that I could rotate out once in awhile, but I do really like yours & so perfect for your horse-lover.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments! And I appreciate the time you take to leave them. Thanks!