As you may (or may not) know, we've been in the throes of redecorating our new house since we moved in a year ago. (To see posts on this, click the New House label on the right.) To that end, I've been perusing magazines, blogs, and Pinterest, as well as pinning like mad to my Gorgeous Home board --
(Aside: You've never seen my Gorgeous Home board on Pinterest? Well, get thee over there! I've got 1,375 pins and counting, people!)
-- and I've discovered one thing: I have definite preferences.
- I do not care for neutrals, neutrals, everywhere. That look is too sterile for me. I prefer color.
- The industrial look. Yuck. And I'm sorry, but to my way of thinking, "industrial farmhouse" is a totally made-up thing.
- Gray, grey, and greige? Maybe in small doses. But everywhere? No, thank you.
- "Carefully edited"? Again, no, thank you. I like lots of interesting and beautiful things. More is better. Always. (Unless it's clutter. Which tends to happen around here. But that's another matter entirely.)
- Modern is not moi.
- If it's trendy, I'm suspicious. Like the antler craze of late. (Another aside: I grew up gazing at taxidermied deer heads on the walls of my grandparents' house. I'd rather not see animal parts on my own walls.)
- I don't need a big sign in the kitchen imploring me to EAT. I do enough of that already.
I mean, come ON.
Any advice would be appreciated. In other words, HELP!
A Stroll Thru Life